Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Present - a poster

I've been invited to be a part of the artists poster series through Lucky Creature, and here's the image I've chosen. The posters should be available in 2 short weeks, either at the Lucky Creature website (they're taking preorders already!), or at the Heroes & Criminals Press Etsy site.


It's of a drawing I made in 2005 titled "The Present", with a few changes made specifically for this poster. It was one in a series of drawings I made that echo images of old children's book illustrations, and the slightly scary or sinister side to them. I made these to inspire creativity in anyone looking at them, and I like to think of them as "illustrations for stories that haven't yet been written". They're like invitations to viewers to write that story when they see the drawing.

No comments: