Friday, December 21, 2012

New engravings

I've been working on a couple of engravings lately, keeping in mind a solo show that's coming up next summer at Blue Spiral 1 gallery here in Asheville. I started on a new series that I've been simmering on for a while, The Adventures of Patience and Prudence, which will be a set of printed engravings that look like they've been torn out of a children's book (of the same title). Here's a proof print showing the beginnings of print #1:


Soon after starting on this project, I stopped to print a tribute for my cat, Quimby, who died suddenly after a brief battle with kitty cancer. I just needed to spend a few days working on something that memorializes him and cheers me up a bit. Hopefully it will bring some cheer to others, as well. Quimby always made sure that you got a snuggle if you looked like you needed one.


This is just a proof print, but these broadsides should be finished in the next week and will be posted up for sale at my site and my Etsy shop by early January. A portion of the sales will be donated to the Asheville Humane Society.

No comments: